Tuesday, April 1, 2008

[Home of the Tigers] Journey to the center of the earth



It was 2:00 in the morning and i was peacefully asleep when i heard a loud crash in our backyard,I opened my eyes very violently and walked towards my bedroom door.My father ran into my room right before i reached for the knob requesting me to go into the room next to me and check on my little sister.I walked in to find her on the floor crying calling for my mother who had died a few years ago in a car crash.She was holding out her hands trying to get me to pick her up and bring to my dad.After a few hours of silence i got a phone call from my friend Pete telling me that the whole city had last power and was at his aunts house and was hoping if he could stay with us.Sadly his dads car had a flat tire.So without power and having nothing to do,i decided to see what had landed in my backyard.I knew i would need a flashlight since the street lights weren't working.In just about complete darkness i tried to find my way to the back of the house,finally i got to the door leading to my yard,i made my way to what looked like the seen of the crash.My whole back yard was full of smoke,it was really hard to breathe,and suddenly i fell into what felt like and endless pit.Finally i hit something hard really hard and must have passed out.By the time i woke up i was in the middle of this empty space of dirt just nothing but dirt and the last time i checked it was two in the morning but,it was incredibly light where i was...where ever i was.I would have tried calling for help but some how i knew it wouldn't have been any good.Then out of no where i heard a loud roar come from above me,i looked up and saw something that i never thought i would ever see,it was a giant bird!!


My whole entire body had frozen with fear,and i knew if i didn't do something soon id be that birds next meal.I picked myself up from the ground and started to run in the opposite direction of the bird.I could tell that the bird couldn't see me from the way it looked i was small to him...extremely small.Then suddenly I huge black mass running straight towards me.I dropped on the ground like a slug and covered my head for protection even though if the giant thing did step on me it wouldn't do any good,my heart was pounding so loud i could hear it over the giants footsteps.Then suddenly I was forced into the air by some kind of force from beneath me and was in some kind of dark room or at least thats what i thought.Feeling like some kind of child's toy i was being carried in some kind of container for what i thought was a couple of hours.
then i was dropped into some kind of goo.I wiped my eyes off with my goo covered hands which didn't help very much.The situation was very serious,i didn't know where i was,there were things in this place that were...unnatural.And worst of all i had a headache,i knew if was gonna survive i would have to find a way out.I had to estimate how much i had spent in this hole,and i came out with about 3 hours.I wanted to get out of here more then any thing else and didn't care what i had to do to get out.Telling myself to get out of here was easier said then done.Starting to search for an exit would be my first priority my second would be to stay away from those things i saw earlier,and now that i had a plan i begin my journey to the surface.my face was soaking wet i wasn't sure if i was about to pass out or fall asleep from exhaustion,but whatever it was getting there.

I thought about my dad,and my little sister,i wanted to get out of here so badly thats i want is to get out and breathe fresh air.I layied down just to rest my eyes for a few moments when suddenly i huge hole appeared out of no where and the warmth of day light shined on my face i had did it!! i found my way out from the worst place on earth and now it was over.I crawled out of the hole and walked over to the nearest person and asked him where i was and for some reason he didn't answer,i yelled at him and he turned around violently and stared at me and said something in a foreign lanuguge i couldn't understand,and i said to myself that where ever i was it wasn't any where near my old hom in Texas!

--
Posted By Colby to Home of the Tigers at 4/01/2008 01:09:00 PM

0 Comments: